Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kensington Trackball in place of a mouse

In my previous post I stated I would be presenting my boss at work with one of these. Well, this morning I did just that and she couldn't thank me enough. She really liked the fact that she didn't have to keep picking up her wrist and putting it down in order to move the cursor around, she only had to rotate the ball. Which she also commented on how easy that was to do. Now, I see the price has lowered today to $14.95 so I just bought one for the desktop here at home. I'm glad I waited, the bosses cost me $22.95 if I remember right. Shipping is under five bucks so I won't even bother to look up what that cost. Overall, the silver color and black palm rest area compliment the computers well. The palm area is a 'grippy' type of rubber too, not a slick plastic like I had feared. Kensington puts out a superb product in my opinion. Sure, there are some user reviews on Amazon that are negative but I believe these people are way too critical and can find something to complain about anything. So, time to post another Amazon ad for you to click on in case your remotely interested. Only thing better would have been a wireless trackball but I figure that's a plus and I couldn't justify the money for one. The cord is not going to move anyway.
This is the one I bought for a Mac computer years ago. I still have it somewhere but I will dig it out of a box at a latter time. Besides this 'Orbit' model is more in line with what I'm hoping the wife will like. Notice the big difference in price. Also, about the same as a mouse would cost. The larger trackball has four buttons. I never used all four.

No comments: