Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pay-Per-Click, again, and why aren't you making money?

I feel I'm wasting my time on this blog in trying to make money off the net. Not too many people really get how this works unless you have used Google to advertise with their Adsense service. It's really a good service but it does cost money and you have to have a budget for it. Popular keywords can cost more per click than not so popular ones. Okay, confused?
In your Google Adsense account you set up a small ad that comes up on web pages, most often on the right hand column when you do searches and stuff on the web. Most of us don't bother to read them as were used to seeing them now. You can tell they are Google pay per click ads as you'll see the Google log in small print or font just underneath the ad. Anyway, Google only allow so many words or characters in an ad. That's why you see them so small. I figure so they can cram as many as they can. Google is making lots of money off this way of advertising and most of us just search and never click on anything. Once in awhile I'll see an ad that will catch my eye and I'll click on it. It's costs the advertiser but it gives me a chance to maybe buy from them if I see something I like. You find these ads mostly on Google's search results when you're looking for something.
But, in my case, I'm known as an affiliate of Google. I've signed up with Google to allow them to serve up relevant ads on my blog here. I will get a small percentage of the cost of the click. So far I've made $7.39 and that was in one day. Nothing since. I don't know why, I can only speculate and keep trying things.
If you're in the mind to make some money on the net and you don't have a product to sell, you can become an affiliate and make commissions off of selling other people's stuff. In this case, Google's ads.
There's a few books for you to read. I am also an Amazon affilate. Buy a book from a click here and I make a small commission, very small. But, hey, you have to start somewhere, right?

No comments: