Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stocks take a 500 point dive! Largest drop in two years again.

It was feared and it had to happen. I'm just glad I still have my money in bonds. I've never moved the money since the October crash of what now, 2006? I forget when it all went South. Now, I'll bet I'll hear those same people who have told me I should have gotten back into the market, how badly they have suffered once again and have lost all the gains they have talked about making back recently. Timing the market is difficult at best and with all the scamming with these programmed trades going on I stayed out of the game as I didn't want to lose any more than I had. I need to keep reminding myself that my little 401k has to provide for me when I retire. I don't plan to work any other job after Verizon.
I hope you didn't lose any money today. I fear this double dip recession is going to last a while this time. There is just too much fear in the world from all that's going on that is negative. I don't have to point it out either. Until the governments of the world can get their act together and start thinking of it's people and give up the greed, it won't get any better any time soon I feel. Can you imagine people actually helping each other out instead of trying to think of how to screw the next person with every opportunity? We'd all be much better off and have happier lives, helping each other on this planet to enjoy and to preserve what's been laid out for us. I'll propose a toast to a much better future this weekend. What's your favorite beverage? I'm not picky but sometimes I just like a good ole beer.

No comments: