Friday, January 4, 2013

What is an affiliate and how do I make money online?

What you say? An affiliate is you being a part of a company. A lot of companies on the web now are wanting you as an affiliate to help them get more business. It is a simple method of business and would work for you if you put some time into it. My goal is to create a web page with multiple pages where most anyone like myself can go to, to be able to find cool links to sites that have what I am looking for most. I will have categories of stuff that when you click on one it will take you to that page with links and text with reviews. It will give you some of my personal experience that I write about as time goes on. One would hope to gain followers that would use your site to click from and shop from. Your text links and banner ads would take users to company web pages where people would shop and you get a referral bonus if they buy something. Amazon starts out at a four percent commission. Now that I am thinking about this I want to have a page that will show each of the companies that I come across that have affiliate opportunities and their starting commission or bonus level. It will take me a while to do. So, why go through all the trouble? Because you and I sit and think and we think, and we think day after day, week after week and year after year on how to make money, right? You and I have not come up with any late breaking invention or idea yet that will get us rich and fast have we? Of course now. I have always read where the turtle may be slow but he is sure to get there in the end. I have adopted that principle since I was taught that when I was a little kid by my mother. I have always been a slow learner and I have accepted that. I do know that I can learn anything though if I put my mind to it and take the time too. So, I have been studying this affiliate marketing thing for a while now. I have set up an Amazon Astore and have gotten a few sales but that is it. I learned to go and read the discussion forum at Amazon Associates Central. There you will glean the experience of old hands who will sometimes give you information on just what you need to do to be successful like a few of them are. Some of them are making in the thousands a month. I would be happy to be making in the hundreds right now. So, if you have followed me this far, stay tuned as I will be writing more on this. If you have taken the next step in getting yourself a hosting account and a domain name set up with a web page, then, you are ahead of me and that is my next step. I use GoDaddy for my domain stuff but there are others out there too. I like GoDaddy as their support answers the phone promptly and the techs know their stuff and can usually have you off and running within five minutes on any problem. More later....

No comments: