Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fifth Third Bank now! A Rant today!

Now Fifth Third Bank seems to think I need I a balance transfer and use their credit card services. I really detest banks sending out those letters that include blank checks with my name printed on them. I just want to toss the envelope in the trash but cannot because I know I have to shred the stuff so the checks do not end up in unscrupulous hands. I do question if anyone can take one of these preprinted checks and somehow cash them. Anything is possible today though. I am reading the details of this offer and see that they will charge either five dollars or four percent of the transaction. So, they make even more money other than interest from me. Into the shredder with this crap. Fifth Third gets a big middle finger from me. Update - Sat. 11/17/2012 - Fifth Third sends me another set of these useless checks. 3.99% APR until April 2017, After that APR for purchases, currently 12.99%, apply, Save interest on purchases and balance transfers. Who are they kidding anyway? Never again will I have a credit card balance with any bank. My money will only work for me, got that? Into the shredder with this crap once again. Have a good day! Update-01/10/2013 - have eliminted any profane or obscene wording from this post. Update-01/09/2013 - Received these checks again...into the ole shredder... Update-03/06/2013 - Received another batch of balance and purchase transfer checks. This bank has money to burn..into the shredder once again. Update-04/19/2013 - Received another batch of balance and purchase transfer checks...into the shredder. Update-05/02/2013 - Received, well, the usual junk mail. I actually got to thinking about this one today since I have been researching credit cards and offers lately. I was thinking, why don't I transfer the $692 balance from my Barclays card to a new Fifth Third card. The one thing that made me decide not to was the statement that 'We will begin charging intetest on these transactions on the transaction date.' Nuff said. Interest charges are a killer if you want my opinion. Once you get on this ladder of debt it will begin to eat you alive.

No comments: