Friday, June 29, 2012

OPT-OUT

WWW.OPTOUTPRESCREEN.COM - Are you annoyed with the junk mail offers for credit and insurance and other stuff you'd rather not get in your mailbox? Well, so was I, until I finally did something about it. After retrieving handfulls of junk over and over and having to look hard to find stuff that was really important, I finally did some research on the subject. The link below is exactly what was found from one of our government websites. It is for real and it worked. On May 19th of this year I had sent in the printed and signed form for my wife and I and I've now noticed a whole lot less junk in our mailbox. Of course you'll get the usual newsprint stuff from your local grocery store and whatever. But, the credit card offers have stopped for the most part. I say that because you will not stop getting stuff from people you are already doing business with. You will have to send them letters requesting them to stop sending the junk individually. So, without further hesitation, just copy and paste or enter by hand the website and at the bottom of the first page click on the blue link that will take you to the next page to fill in some simple stuff including your name, address, social and phone number. Then, they'll have you print it and you sign it and stick it in an envelope and send it off. There is a faster way too. Why am I telling you the above then. I don't know, I must have overlooked the electronic opt out selection in the middle of the three. The first button is to opt in, whoever might need that, I don't know. Anyway, the electronic opt out selection would be the fastest way for it to happen for you. I just entered our two kids into the program as I was starting to see them get offers for credit cards and crap in our mailbox. They are in college and they don't need to be getting this stuff here already. They will have plenty of time for getting credit in the future if they really want to. I've been trying to educate them on saving for things and paying cash so not having to waste money on interest to give to the banks. I'm sure they'll have to learn the hard way just like everybody else though. Okay, go take care of this if you do nothing else today. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: