Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lottery Winnings!

After reading an article about the Missouri Powerball winners, I just wonder how much money has gone to the government when they take their share in taxes. Ever thought about that? Probably not, but, you have to wonder, will this help our fiscal debt? Or, is this only state governments who takes their share of the winnings? I have not researched this but I wanted to post this quick thought in the hope that I might find a website somewhere that keeps track of this, later on. Can anyone comment on this? Update-5/2/2013, I want to add a quick note about a guy I saw on 60 Minutes who won the Florida Lottery seven times. He has a book on Amazon that I would like to take the time to read. I am not getting any younger and if I can spare a dollar a day from taking my lunch to work, I figure I can blow it on this only form of gambling I would do.

No comments: