Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sears Roebucks, another example of screwed up American company.

Nobody can get anything right these days. I can always expect problems now when dealing with ordering anything with anybody now. Here's a great example. I ordered a mulching kit for my new Craftsman lawn tractor this past week. The kit is a mulching blade and a cover for the side of the deck. Here it is Saturday noon and the wife brings me a box that UPS has delivered and as I take it from her I notice it's very light, I know there's no blade in there. Sure enough, only a deck or chute cover. I immediately get my Sears folder with my notes and paperwork and this new order slip. I call Sears 800 parts line number. I wait on hold for about twenty minutes, handed off from one person to a second. The second gets huffy with me because I'm not going to go out to the garage and move stuff around to try and find a serial number of this tractor. I ask her why that is needed. She begins telling me that she has the warehouse on the line and that their system has an error in it and they can't locate a part number for the kit for this tractor, only a description. I argue with her that I am not here to fix their errors, that they need to go to work and get it fixed. She gets stressed with me about then. She won't let me speak so I let her get the wind out of her lungs. She tells me they are sending the kit. I ask how do I know I'm not going to get the same mulch cover again without the blade. She tells me that this time they are sending the kit with the blade and cover. Okay, leave it at that. This is what I thought I ordered a week ago from a very nice Southern lady. More days to follow that the customer, me, has to sit and wait for their screwed up mess of a system. I don't care how many million parts they have, sweetheart, just get me the damn parts I ordered, please? By the way, did you catch CNBC's report late one night this past week about China and their workforce and products? They get it right for the customer from what interviewee spoke about doing business with them. We need to take lessons over here in America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sears cannot go bankrupt quickly enough. We spent over $7k on appliances and the delivery system and reliability of product are so bad as to defy description. Referigerator broke twice in first 3 mos. Stove top has had a control problem and we have now had replacement panel sent 3 times and each one was defective. And the final prize, each time we were given a 4 hour repair "window" and expected to sit around waiting for them to show up to fix it.
Would love to find a way to drag the president of Sear's butt here to get hands on experience of how bad his organization performs.
It would be sad, if not for hoiw aggrivating the experiences have become. Sadly, the front line employees will loose their jobs while the ivory tower gents will skate by with millions .