Monday, August 13, 2012

Headphones for All Occasions

Who does not have a set of headphones today? I had my first pair when I was in junior high school. I can still remember the gray plastic set with the large stereo phone plug. I had to be handy to be able to adapt the plug to fit a small connector in some devices back then. We had this old am/fm radio record player console that was really nice for the time back in the late 60's. It was wooden and had two large ten inch speakers, one on each side. I was able to install a 1/4 inch phone connector so that I could plug my headphones in and listen really well. I also installed a switch whereby I could turn off the speakers so that I could listen to my records with the headphones and not disturb anyone else in the room. I thought that was really cool at the time and I was quite proud of myself with that accomplishment. But, now every device comes with some type of connector and you can get an adapter to fit any headphones. Some headphones packages come with the different connectors. Currently I have a nice set of regular stereo headphones made by Koss. I also have a set that are bluetooth that I use for the tv when everyone in the house is asleep and I cannot sleep. I like being able to get up and go get something in the kitchen and even be able to go to the bathroon and I can still hear the audio with never any interference or break up in the sound. If you have been thinking of buying a set, now might be the time. Check out Amazon and their headphone month link above.

No comments: